CNG VehiclesThe world is facing an energy crisis. Throughout the world there is a shortage of fuel. Fuel is an important part of our day to day lives. It is used for various residential and commercial purposes. However, with the fast depletion of fuel reserves, it has become imperative to find an alternative that can be used as efficiently.
We know that fuel is mainly used for propelling vehicles of different kinds. For vehicles, an alternate to fuels is already available. This is CNG or compressed natural gas. CNG is nothing but a fossil fuel that can be used as a substitute to gasoline and diesel. CNG is made by compressing natural gas in which the main component is methane. CNG vehicles have become quite common these days, and are much cheaper to maintain compared to vehicles that run on gasoline. The only problem with CNG is that a vehicle runs fewer miles on a tank of CNG compared to a tank of fuel.
Natural Gas Vehicles
CNG Vehicle Conversion Kits
CNG vs. Gasoline
Why use CNG for vehicles?CNG offers several advantages, and is widely used in many different types of vehicles. Some of the benefits of CNG are listed below:
- CNG is environment friendly. It emits fewer pollutants like carbon monoxide. The amount of pollution caused by CNG is very small compared to gasoline and diesel.
- CNG does not contain any lead or benzene. This means that there is no fouling of spark plugs in vehicles, which means that vehicles have a longer life and can run efficiently.
- The use of CNG in vehicles also increases the life of lubricating oils. This is because CNG contains no elements that can cause dilution or contamination of the oils.
- When CNG is used in vehicles, there is no danger of any leakage or spills because CNG fuel systems are always sealed.
- CNG does not auto ignite on heated surfaces, which means that CNG is much safer than gasoline in vehicles.
- CNG is less expensive compared to other fuels, where prices are rising in the international market every day.